Thursday 7th March, 10:00am to 11:30am
This free webinar will cover how gleaning networks can support food equity projects, and what is needed to successfully set up and run a gleaning network.
- Find out about how gleaning works, the reasons for unharvested and surplus produce during the season and why gleaners are welcomed by farmers and growers.
- Understand how to locate useful crops being grown near you, identify growers and engage them with your network.
- Learn what resources are needed, where to get them and how to manage them – including funding, transport and volunteers.
Who is this webinar for?
- Food projects who want to make more direct links with food growers in their region
- Everyone who wants to understand more about how to set up or take part in a community response to unharvested or surplus food.